Sunday, November 30, 2008

This weekend Brad & I went to MN for a short Thanksgiving break. Typically, things can be a little crazy when most of the family gets together....but this year went amazing! My brother and sister-in-law weren't able to be there, so it was just my two sisters, one husband, 6 kids, my parents, and Brad & I! But it was a ton of fun. When Lisa arrived with her 3 girls on Saturday, Megan walked in happy-go-lucky but Emma, not so much. For some reason, we think its a game to her, but she will pretend to be shy and give dirty looks to Bradley (and me if I'm around him) until she decides to be happy and like us. It's very entertaining. So, that was fun in and of itself. The rest of the day was spent eating and watching the kids play. Everyone got along. Only one kid cried. And I got lots of funny pictures/videos.

The bad news about the weekend is that my dad was sick with a really bad cold before we came up, then gave it to my mom and sister, who were sick while we were there. And one of my nieces and nephews were sick also. I woke up this morning with a sniffly/snuffy nose and a semi-dry throat. I sneezed the entire way home. I told my mom I was sending her the hospital bill and cancelling Christmas if they decided to get sick during our next visit. That's fair, right?!

Hope you had a great Turkey day too!


My dad going down the slide with Emma


Dad climbing into the KIDS playthingy to go down the slide


Dad


More sliding...


Brad just attacked Emma here


Kayla


Lisa playing Mr. Fox with her girls


I think this is Jaysun....it's one of the twins. lol.


Dylan


My sister Kimmy & I


Kayla


Emma


Dylan with his new flying plane


Megan & Anthony with his new Spiderman darts shooting thing


Kimmy's boys


Lisa's girls


Lisa & her girls


2 comments:

Oh, where to start.... said...

They are stinking huge. i miss your family.

The Smittys said...

hi aimee! i am so glad to see you guys have a blog!! fun times.